TOTAL oil & gas industry M&A deals in December 2019 worth $11.22bn were announced in the US, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 179.2% over the previous month and a drop of 17.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of US$13.62 billion.
The US held a 41.8% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $26.84bn in December 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the US recorded 42 deals during December 2019, marking a decrease of 2.3% over the previous month and a drop of 31.2% over the 12-month average.
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 83.7% of the overall value during December 2019.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas M&A deals stood at US$9.39 billion, against the overall value of US$11.22 billion recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of December 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Apergy’s US$4.4bn asset transaction with Ecolab
- The US$2.5bn acquisition of Felix Energy Holdings II by WPX Energy
- ArcLight Capital Partners and Imm Investment’s US$1.08bn asset transaction with Enbridge
- The US$770m asset transaction with Devon Energy by Kalnin Ventures
- Talos Energy’s asset transaction with Castex Energy, ILX Holdings, ILX Holdings II, ILX III Holdings and Venari Resources for US$640m.