SENEX Energy Ltd reports that it is successfully delivering its Surat Basin natural gas development programme on schedule and on budget, with production outperformance at both Roma North and Atlas.
- Roma North gas production outperformance; rates exceeding 13.5 TJ/day
- Atlas gas production outperformance; rates exceeding 6.5 TJ/day
- 49 wells drilled to date in current program; 33 wells on production with the remainder online in coming weeks
- Roma North gas processing facility (16 TJ/day, ~6 PJ/year capacity) achieving excellent uptime performance
- Atlas gas processing facility (40 TJ/day, ~15 PJ/year capacity) in final commissioning phase
- Gas sales to CleanCo, CSR and Orora successfully commenced from Atlas
- New Atlas gas sales agreements signed; total contracted volumes of more than 32 PJ to six customers
Roma North production has exceeded 13.5 TJ/day and is tracking towards the plant’s initial capacity of 16 TJ/day or around 6 PJ/year. 26 wells have been drilled at Roma North in the current programme, with 10 of these wells online and producing and the remainder to be brought online in the coming weeks.
Average daily production rates across the field exceed 0.3 TJ/well and are increasing. At Atlas, the first 23 wells are online and producing above 6.5 TJ/day during the early ramp-up phase, with most wells being online for less than nine weeks.
Managing director and CEO Ian Davies said Senex’s Surat Basin production performance demonstrated the quality and potential of these assets, and the execution capability of the Senex team.
“Senex starts 2020 with most of its Surat Basin gas development program successfully delivered and gas production rates continuing to outperform.
“We are delighted with our operational and production performance to date, and we look forward to continuing to deliver the potential of our Surat Basin assets,” Mr Davies said.