A PORTABLE valve actuator by Smith Flow Control is “quite possibly the most versatile valve operation tool available”, the company says.
Carried in a rucksack, the EasiDrive is specially designed for use with valves requiring a large number of turns or which are otherwise difficult to operate because of high torque or harsh climate conditions.
Smith Flow Control said with the EasiDrive, the operator has absolute control when opening and closing different sized valves with varying torque requirements.
“One person can efficiently drive multiple valves with a single tool, reducing fatigue and risk of injury and resulting in major cost and time savings,” the company said.
Smith Flow Control said it can be used in virtually any industry, from oil refineries and petrochemical plants to power stations and paper mills.
Key features of the EasiDrive include:
• Low cost alternative to permanent actuators
• No permanent power supply required
• Ideal for minimum facilities installations
• Suitable for all climatic conditions
• Wide band torque capability with variable torque adjustment as standard
• Ideal for moving tight or partially-seized valves
• Adaptable to any size/type of valve
• Eliminates operator fatigue and greatly reduces the risk of injury
• No ‘kickback’ often associated with other torque devices
• Variable output torque – so no damage to valves by ‘over-torquing’
• Reduces work crew tasks to one-man operation
• Fully portable – can manage banks of valves with a single drive tool
“The reaction kit, which prevents a torque kickback, is especially useful as valve movement is always fully controlled, preventing operator injury and fatigue,” Smith Flow Control said.
The variable torque output feature, which prevents excessive torque being applied, ensures proper and safe valve operation at all times, according to the company.
EasiDrive can be powered by air, electricity or battery, it can also be custom designed to suit specific site requirements.